On June 26th, in the front of 1140 Wellington St. W, the ribbon was cut to officially open “Hintonburg Green” – a terrific space for public use that is privately owned. Such open green space is very much welcome in rapidly intensifying Hintonburg.
Kudos to the Taggart Group of Companies, all of whom participated in the development.
The HCA is pleased with the overall development for a number of reasons. The project conformed to city zoning and development plans. A heritage asset is preserved and the developers delivered on their promises. The businesses at street level in the condo tower have greatly enhanced this stretch of Wellington W. and do indeed animate the street from morning to night, all without new commercial parking! The new public use space adds lovely sight lines up and down our traditional main street and provides a beautiful place to sit, rest and relax.
On hand for the ribbon cutting were Simon and Michelle Taggart and family, Architect Barry Hobin, Mayor Jim Watson, Councillor Jeff Leiper, WWBIA Executive Director Dennis Van Staalduinen and HCA President Larry Hudon.