Somerset West Community Health Centre is presenting an event marking “The International Day For The Elimination Of Racial Discrimination” featuring a keynote speech by the Honourable Senator Wanda Thomas Bernard on Thursday, March 21st, 2019 from 5-8pm at the Hintonburg Community Centre in the Wellington Room.
The agenda includes:
- Remarks from our MPP, Joel Harden
- A Community Panel Discussion with:
- PK Leung (Yet Keen Chinese Seniors’ Day Centre)
- Larry Hudon (Hintonburg Community Association)
- Zainab Mohammed ( Community Advocate, Muslim Community Member)
- Spotlight on Initiatives and Groups engaged in creating a more equitable Ottawa:
- ACAD – John Adeyefa
- Equity Ottawa – Denise Deby
- Justice for Abdirahman Abdi Coaltition
Join your neighbours and friends for an open and safe dialogue about some of our challenges and what we can do to take positive steps toward change.
Provided will be:
- Free food and beverages
- Whisper translation services in Mandarin and Cantonese
Click here to see the poster: SWCHC International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination March 21 v 2