Everyone who lives, works or plays in Hintonburg has been patient with the sidewalk closure in front of Magee House on Wellington and Rosemount. But enough is enough, the sidewalk will have been blocked for an entire year on July 24th. We are holding a rally to express our frustration.
Join us in marking the one year anniversary of the Magee House wall collapse and sidewalk closure on Wednesday, July 24th.
- Gather at 8am, at the closure beside Magee House, Wellington W. at Rosemount.
- Sign our boards and express your frustration with the glacial resolution of this untenable situation in which pedestrians and are being forced into dangerous situations, especially the elderly, children and folks with mobility issues.
- We will reveal a legal opinion that states “only the lack of political will”
prevents the city from acting more swiftly; the tools are in place.
- Insist that the City enforces its latest deadline of August 2nd for the owner to free up our right-of-way.
- Demand to know how the City will be preserving the heritage assets of the
- There will be anniversary cake!
Let’s end this now!