You are invited to a very important public meeting hosted by the HCA and Councillor Leiper regarding new residential zoning the city is proposing for our community.
The meeting will take place on February 4th, 2020 at 6:30 pm at the Hintonburg Community Centre at 1064 Wellington Street West.
- The City of Ottawa’s Planning Department is proposing to change the zoning for the residential areas in Hintonburg.
- Currently, our “R4” zoning allows up to 4-unit apartment buildings or 8 units in a stacked townhouse configuration.
- The city’s proposal is to allow 8-unit apartment buildings on most lots and 12-unit buildings on larger lots.
- The reason for this is the loss of affordable units in this area, which small multi-unit buildings would provide.
- Details of the city’s proposal can be found here.