|The Hintonburg Centennial 5k 13 July 2014
The 8th Annual Cyclelogik Hintonburg Centennial 5K and 1K was a wet but fun one! Thanks to all the participants, volunteers and supporters for sticking it out despite the weather, and making this year's event a huge success! Runners, you can download your race photos at Zoomphoto.ca
and check out your results at RaceDayTiming.ca
Thanks again and hope to see you again next year!
What: 5k/1k run/walk fundraiser for the Hintonburg Community Association
Where: Start/Finish at Parkdale Park (corner of Armstrong and Hamilton, adjacent to the Parkdale Market in Ottawa)
When: Sunday 13 July 2014 - 5k 9:00am start, (Kids 1k 9:10am start)
Ottawa's funkiest 5k is back for its eight year! Run or walk through one of the coolest neighbourhoods in the city to the cheers of our enthusiastic residents and great crew of volunteers. The free Newswest 1K Fun Run for kids keeps getting bigger every year.
- Registration is closed. Hope to see you in 2015
- Chip-timing by Raceday Timing Services
- Free high-resolution race photo downloads by Zoomphoto.ca Photography
- Post-race refreshments
- On-course water stations
- $20 registration for 13-and-over, free for under-13
- Free T-shirt to first 275 registered 5k participants
- Walkers and runners of all abilities welcome
- Please review the Course Route. Note: please expect street closures along the course between 8am and 10:00am.
- Jog strollers are welcome on the course, but please leave your four-footed training partner with a friend.
Newswest Kids 1k
- Register in person or pick up your kit at Cyclelogik, 1111 Wellington Street W. from 10 am - 4:30 pm, Saturday, July 12. There is no race-day registration
- Kit pickup only at the venue (Parkdale Park adjacent to the Parkdale Market) from 7:30 am to 8:45 am on the day of the event (Sunday 13 July)
- Kindly note that we cannot guarantee kit pickup on the day of the event in time for the 9:00 am start. Please arrive early!
Contact: Lisa Georges, Publisher of iRun Magazine, Lisa@iRun.ca
- We are very pleased to offer the Kids 1k at no charge again this year. Please consider making a small $5, $10 or $20 donation to the youth programming offered in our community. Donation jars will be available on site and at the kit pick up.
- Parents are more than welcome to run with their kids on the course!
Thanks to our sponsors and event partners
See also: Fitness in Hintonburg