We are pleased to be working with 10 other community associations on what promises to be the biggest all-candidates meeting in the provincial riding of Ottawa Centre. The event will take place at The Glebe Community Centre, Thursday, May 17, at 7:00 p.m.
Expect to hear the candidates talk about proposals, amongst others, for:
- free prescription drugs
- dental work
- child care
- climate change
- and widening the Queensway
The candidates for the Liberal, Progressive Conservative, NDP and Green
Parties will respond to questions from the audience.
It promises to be a lively event. After each question, moderator David
Reevely, who covers provincial affairs for The Citizen, will not only invite candidates
to respond but, as well, to debate among themselves.
The community associations sponsoring the event are:
- Centretown Citizens Community Association
- Civic Hospital Neighbourhood Association
- Dalhousie Community Association
- Dow’s Lake Residents’ Association
- Glebe Community Association
- Glebe Annex Community Association
- Hintonburg Community Association
- Mechanicsville Community Association
- Old Ottawa South Community Association
- Old Ottawa East Community Association
- Westboro Community Association.