Jane’s Walk is hosting a free, family-friendly event. They take over Parkdale Market Park to launch this year’s Jane’s Walk Festival.
A mob of artists, storytellers and experts will explore the various ways the park has become part of the fabric of the neighbourhood. Choose your own adventure with programming spread throughout the park. Learn about topics like:
- Stories from the Parkdale Market’s grand opening
- How and where to date in Hintonburg
- Why the neighbourhood is such a brewery hotspot
- What it is like to navigate the area with a seeing eye dog
- What exactly is the is neighbourhood called again?!
And there is more. Enjoy:
- Live music performances
- The Ottawa Public Library’s BiblioBike
- A scavenger hunt with incredible prizes
- Live art installations
- Lawn games galore
- Free snacks and drinks
And best of all, an after party at the Carleton Tavern, right across the street, from 8 pm on.