Menu Antiques Arts, Architecture Design, Entertainment, Marketing, Photography Fitness Galleries, Music, Theatre, Dance Newspapers Real Estate Restaurants and Food Stores & Services Technology
Listings here are free of charge, so if you are a business owner or manager in the Hintonburg area, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details for your business. Be sure to include your firm's web URL.
- A Fine Thing Large selection of antiques and some new Fiesta dishware.
- June's 1094 Somerset W near Spadina and Wellington: antiques, jewelery, advertising paraphernalia... you never know what you'll find at June's, an off-beat Hintonburg curio shop for many years.
- Atelier Ville-Marie; Specializing in the conservation/restoration of paintings, sculpture and decorative arts. 613-722-5970, 155C Loretta Avenue North
- CSV Consultants Architects
- Dowd Supply Beading, supplies and equipment for jewellers and craftspeople
- Enriched Bread Artists EBA is a non-profit artist-run space dedicated to the production and development of the visual arts by offering affordable studio space to professional artists
- Northern Art Glass Classes, supplies and objets d'art.
- The Stables Art Studios: Stephanie Bak, Karina Bergmans, Batya Cavens, Philip Craig, Shannon Craig, Tami Galili Ellis, Christopher Healey, Sarah Hurford, Wojciech Jakóbiec, Wojciech Kulikowski, Chris Legget, Maria Lezon, Jenny McMaster, Jeffrey Lee Moffet, Patti Normand, Jadzia Romaniec, Joyce Westrop
- Stunning Canvas Prints. Online store for cool wall art. Discount and free delivery for Hintonburg. Please use the contact form on the site.
- Patrice Stanley. Children's art classes, portfolio development, summer camps. 613.983.0518
Design, entertainment, marketing, photography
|Communications clarified: "Our focus at H3 Creative is to provide you with the creative design for print or web and strategic services that you need to effectively translate your business needs into clear visual communications." Community Events Supporter 2007+2008
- Amberwood Entertainment Animation studio with a solid broadcast portfolio including Hoze Hounds and Zeroman.
- Banfield Seguin / Pixel Voodoo Interactive "BSL is a full-service marketing and communications agency that delivers strategy-driven creative – designed to always be on brand and on target."
- Camera Club of Ottawa Offering a variety of programs (competitions, workshops, field-trips and informal outings, etc) to satisfy as many interests in photography as possible.
- Ottawa Chamber Theatre performs plays at the Elmdale House and the Carleton Tavern in Hintonburg. 613-791-4471
- Click Track Audio Mobile digital audio recording, tracking and mixing for concerts and other live events, broadcast and film featuring an acoustically isolated and tuned recording environment.
- Friction Design Group Corporate identity, promotion, web and digital design
- Fuel Industries "We marry the best strategists and creatives with an army of in house experts in the fields of animation, design, film and video production, sound design, music and online programming."
- GrooveChamber Short animated films for the web and television, custom artwork and website design
- Headlight Photographers
- The Hintonburg Studio Portraiture, commercial, industrial and corporate photography, wedding and event coverage, precise art reproduction (613-792-4837)
- Ken Chase Web Design and Consulting is an Ottawa web design company specializing in accessible, standards-based web design and website maintenance
- Leaping Raster Graphics and animation
- MARSworks Advertising, marketing, web
- Media Ignite Websites, content management systems, web applications, user experience design sessions
- New Lief Films Inc. Pencil on paper traditional animation.
- Pink Wagon Designs Printed textiles, design, fine art made in Hintonburg
- Photo Features Digital imaging, photography, arts reproduction, custom printing, restoration, hi-res scanning
- PIP Animation Services PIP's studio houses 4,000 square feet of cutting-edge digital workstations and integrates a host of technologies for all forms of animated production
- Reel Impact Communications creates audio-visual productions -- TV and radio commercials, infomercials and corporate communication videos -- with marketing and advertising flair.
- Storm Communications "We believe in building strong brands and we provide clients with integrated brand and communications support..."
- SUM Incorporated Strategic, creative communications and design for print, web, etc
- TV Factory A full-service "moving picture boutique" focused on pre- and post-production for television
- Twelfth Root Audio post-production
- WeManageYour.com -- a website updating service in Hintonburg, serving organizations in Ottawa and throughout North America.
- Beyond Bellies focusing on baby/wedding photography in Hintonburg and Ottawa (613-608-7625).
- Clout. Digital agency specializing in social media marketing. (613.294.7722; 1122 Wellington Street West)
- Ambersky Design & PLawson. Equine web page design, graphic art, desktop publishing design, plus career portfolios and personal pages. (613.869.5062, email@example.com, 258 Carruthers Avenue, Apt. 1)
- Ottawa Graphic Design Inc. Web and print design, Adobe software training, large format printing.
- Ben Hoskyn Film + Video Production. Corporate promotion, event videography, live streaming, narrative film.
|Cyclelogik Ottawa's Premier Bicycle and Multisport Boutique - also serving Ottawa's finest java. Home to Ian Fraser's Run Club. Each Saturday morning at 11am Cyclelogik is proud to bring you Ian Fraser's Run Club. Join former national team triathlete Ian Fraser and a host of others in this FREE running group. Runners of all ability levels are welcome to come out each Saturday to learn from one of the best and participate in a 45min running session. 2011+2012 Title sponsor of the Hintonburg Centennial 5k
See also: Fitness in Hintonburg
- Midday BootCamp Outdoor classes held around Tunney's Pasture complex. 613.851.6486, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.middaybootcamp.com
- The Ottawa Running Club A volunteer-run, not-for-profit club that caters to all levels from learn-to-run all the way to the marathon.
- Ottawa Kung Fu Centre Four instructors with a combined experience of over 50 years in the Ving Tsun system
- Ottawa Sport & Social Club Ottawa Sport & Social Club offers adults a fun outlet through co-ed recreational sport leagues, outdoor adventure, tournaments, and social events. 613.565.TEAM, 1-75 Hinton Avenue North.
- PranaShanti Yoga Centre Located in the Hintonburg area of Ottawa, PranaShanti Yoga Centre provides hot yoga, hot 26, hot flow, hatha yoga, kundalini yoga, power yoga, yoga basics, yin yoga, pre-natal, children's yoga, meditation classes, workshops and Hatha and Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Programs. 52 Armstrong Street; (613) 761-9642.
- Ripple Adventure Outdoor Adventures and Cultural Activities: Sign up for a Program, Drop-In or come to a Daily Event! Have fun, Stay Active, Meet
People, Come Join the Fun! 133 Carruthers Ave. (613) 695-4386 or email.
- Takahashi Dojo has been offering Judo, Karate, Jiu Jutsu, Aikido, and Kendo since 1969.
- Therien Jiu-Jitsu & Kickboxing, 1175 Wellington near Parkdale, has been in the field of martial arts, fitness and personnal development since 1968.
- TopShape Fitness and Studio offers personal training as well as on-site fitness and wellness for organizations.
- Yoga in the Gallery Classical Hatha Yoga, Akhanda Style, with Erika Mills. Using the Gallery Space to inspire and encourage new ways of being and expressing yourself through yoga.
- Ottawa Fit Personal training and fitness classes including spinning, yoga, and muscular strength. 1226a Wellington Street West.
- Free Form Fitness Inc. Personal Trainers Who Care. 1200A Wellington Street West. 613.422.0650
Galleries, music, theatre, dance
|Elmdale House They sure don't make 'em like they used to. As one of the few remaining "real" taverns in Ottawa, the Elmdale House Tavern is one of those places that will remind you of a place long forgotten. A second home to many in the arts community of Hintonburg, the Elmdale has become one of Ottawa's premier live music venues featureing original roots music, all while keeping its original charm and chilled out vibe. Community Events Supporter 2009+2010+2011+2012
- The Elmdale Oyster House. With occasional live music. 1084 Wellington Street West. 613.728.2848.
- Astotin Art Studio, 26 Armstrong Street, (613) 203-8814. Open 1:00 to 5:00 Thursday & Friday, noon to 5:00 Saturdays or by appointment.
- Carleton Tavern Restaurant Live music weekly (Parkdale at Armstrong across from the Parkdale Market)
- 4Cats Arts Studio Hintonburg - Art studio featuring classes for children. 1107 Wellington Street West. email.
- Gallery 3, just a little west of the QUAD arts district at 1281b Wellington West, near Caroline. With a mandate to showcase original Canadian art, the gallery represents more than 50 artists.
- Great Canadian Theatre Company Innovative theatre company now in the heart of Hintonburg's QUAD arts district also hosts the Lorraine ‘Fritzi’ Yale Gallery.
- Kitchen Wall Gallery A petite, descrete gallery space located at 2 Pinehurst Avenue featuring the work of Hintonburg Photographer, Mimi Richard-Golding (open Sundays).
- Orange Art Gallery Contemporary studio and gallery at the Parkadel Market just north of Wellington West. 233 Armstrong St.
- Orpheus Musical Theatre Society has been entertaining Ottawa theatre audiences with musical performances of all kinds since 1906
- Railbender is Hintonburg's newest art gallery and tattoo studio. 3 Hamilton Avenue North
- Chamber Theatre Hintonburg As Hintonburg's theatre company, we perform in the two beloved local historic rooms, The Carleton and The Elmdale House Taverns. These pre-existing settings are perfect for our hand-picked, non-corporate plays
- Parkdale United Church Orchestra Ottawa's longest established orchestra
- Preston Art Centre Studio-gallery near the QUAD featuring work by Lois Kapitaniuk and others
- Patrick John Mills Contemporary Art Gallery Mostly solo shows. Watch for group shows and special events.
- Chamber Theatre Hintonburg Performing plays at the Elmdale Tavern and Carleton Tavern. 613-791-4471
- 4 Square Metres Take a stroll north to the corner of Spencer Street and Hamilton Avenue and check it out.
- Alcorn Music Studios. Private lessons, instruction for Jam bands for students and adults, music courses and group lessons including the Ukelele Social Hour. 953 Gladstone Avenue.
- GIGSPACE. A beautiful, 47-seat, non-profit peformance venue. Weekend concert events. Monthly jazz jam, Capital Vox and Ottawa's only community jazz choir, and more. Soon to offer live concert recordings.
- Newswest Since 1978, Newswest has kept the residents of Ottawa west informed about what‘s happening in their neighbourhood.
|Your source for Ottawa real estate. Ottawa is a vibrant capital city with friendly, diverse neighbourhoods for urban dwellers – Glebe, Old Ottawa South, Hintonburg, Wellington Village, Centretown, Sandy Hill, the Golden Triangle, Alta Vista – and non-urban dwellers alike. Our goal is to give you a real estate experience you are proud to share with the people you know. We earn that privilege with honesty, respect, knowledge and professionalism. We always aim to achieve a win-win outcome so that whether buying or selling, your experience is positive and memorable. We are grateful for the opportunity to create that experience for you. www.dianeandjen.ca Community Events Presenter 2009-2015
|"When the time comes for you to make your next move, count on a professional who will help you make the most of your opportunities. Whether you're new to the area or looking to sell your home. Susan Chell of Remax Metro City Realty will help you Seize the Day." Community Events Supporter 2007-2015
- Barbara Long, Royal LePage Gale Real Estate. Honesty and integrity when you need it most! Call 613.723.5300.
- Search the MLS listings for active Hintonburg residential real estate offerings
There are some great commercial properties available in our neighbourhood right now. You could be part of the QUAD arts district!
Restaurants and food
Tooth & Nail Brewery, 3 Irving Avenue, 613.695.4677
Delicious craft brewing in the heart of Hintonburg - great spot to meet the neighbours and sample the wares
Community sponsor 2015+2016+2017
| City-managed and going strong for over 80 years, the Parkdale Market hosts a variety of vendors and producers (fruit, vegetables, plants, flowers and local organic produce in season). Its friendly, open-air ambiance welcomes you daily from early May into November. The market is also open in December for Christmas trees, natural wreaths and decorations. Parkdale Avenue at Armstrong just north of Wellington; easy near-by parking and close to major bus routes. For information call 244-4410. Community Events Supporter 2004+2005+2006+2007+2008+2009
| Essence Catering "Ottawa's most inspired fine food caterer" Community Events Presenter 2009
Stores & Services
|At Beament Green, dispute resolution is more than a specialty - it's the singular focus of our firm. Collectively, our tightly knit team of partners, senior lawyers, and associates bring to the table unparalleled experience and expertise in civil litigation, arbitration, and mediation." Community Events Presenter 2007 - 2015
- See the most recent listing and map of Hintonburg's bars, pubs, restaurants, diners and cafes here.
|The Wellington West Business Improvement Area (BIA) welcomes you to explore our eclectic, artistic, buzzing neighbourhood in Ottawa's near west end. Haven't been down here in a while? Maybe it's time you took another look! Community Events Supporter 2008 & Community Events Presenter 2009-2015
| Global Pet Foods. At Global Pet Foods Kanata and Hintonburg, we are your pet's health food store. Whether you need wholesome dog or cat food, treats, supplements, toys, grooming supplies or small animal supplies, we have what you need at fair and competitive prices. It is our goal to provide you with friendly and knowledgeable service for your pet related questions. Community Events Presenter 2011-2015
|Since 1964, Beacon Lite has serviced the Eastern Ontario construction industry by providing traffic control products and services including fencing and metal barricades, signs, traffic lights and message boards. Community Events Supporter 2005+2006+2007+2008+2009
|With vibrant editorial and photography, the Kitchissippi Times celebrates the interesting people and events of this dynamic neighbourhood. It's delivered monthly to every house in the area bounded by the Ottawa River, Carling Avenue, the O-Train tracks and Woodroffe Avenue. Community Events Supporter 2006-2013
|Bold designs and elegant styles for women and men from Euphoria Haute Coiffure, 1195 Wellington Street near Parkdale (613-564-7888 or 613-792-1000). Community Events Presenter 2005+2006+2007+2008, Community Sponsor 2009
|Merge Design, Print & Promo www.mergeprint.com offers design and printing services as well as promotional products, signage, lamination and rubber stamps at 11 Rosemount Street, Suite 100, in the QUAD arts district (613.729.2221). Community Events Supporter 2006-2015 email@example.com
|Bourks Complete Car Care 24 Hamilton Avenue North (one street west of Parkdale). Complete car and light truck repairs, emission testing and repair centre, whieel alignments and drop off centre for Crown Rust Treatment. 613.728.4646 Community Events Supporter 2010-2015
|The Hair Salon 1012 Wellington Street West, 613.722.4004. Come and discover "The Hair Salon" experience. Whether you are looking for the latest trends or getting ready for that special day, the staff at THS are ready to create the best you! Community Events Supporter 2013+2014
- Abbeyfield House offers a unique alternative for retirement living in a charming Victorian home on Parkdale Avenue.
- ABC Daycare Centre offers quality and licensed child care services to families with children ages 6 months to 6 years. We've been operating in Hintonburg since 1985 and we provide subsidized and full free child care services. www.abcdaycarecentre.ca
- ARTEMIS Consultants Inc -- experienced, bilingual, independent, impartial prevention and resolution of business or interpersonal conflicts. Community Events Supporter 2008
- Capital City Custom 35 Laurel Avenue near Bayswater (motorcycle design and manufacturing)
- Carpet Sense and Flooring has one of the largest selections in the Ottawa area along with knowledgeable, trained professionals to serve you. Visit the store at 987 Wellington Street West at Somerset or telephone 613-729-3989.
- Giant Tiger with three floors of value-priced merchandise, at 1081 Wellington in Hintonburg, offers everything for everyone in the family -- from smoked salmon and flowers to clothing and gifts. Community Events Supporter 2006+2007+2008
- Healthy Beginnings Bradley method prenatal education. (613) 422-7235
- Healing House Naturopathic services offered by Dr. Jada MacLeod. 9 Melrose Avenue. (613) 688-9898
- Kirsten Greenleaf, Registered Massage Therapist Registered Massage Therapy, Contact: Kirsten Greenleaf, 613.890.1167, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.healinghouse.com, 9 Melrose Avenue
- Morris Formal Wear Since 1927, one of Ottawa's established family firms. 1083 Wellington, (613) 729-2226
- Ravensara Canadian Art, organic essential oils and handmade gifts from across Canada and around the world
- Oresta Organic Skin Care Confectionary. 1121 Wellington Street West.
- Renaissance Therapy Registered massage therapists, 424 Parkdale Avenue
- Sassy by Nature Gifts Sassy By Nature Gifts is a unique gift basket service that is dedicated to sourcing, where possible, products that are all natural and Canadian-made in order to offer healthier options for gift giving with products that are also made right here in Canada.
- Takaki Auto Repair 47 Breezehill N at Somerset
- Wabi-Sabi Teaching (and enjoying!) the crafts of knitting, spinning and weaving is what Wabi Sabi is all about.
- Wellington Cleaners and Post Office 1107 Wellington
- World of Maps & Travel Books including Natural Resources Canada products
- Peek-a-boo Natural Toys and Accessories. Certified organic, chemical-free, eco-friendly, heirloom. 992 Wellington Street West. 613.421.2329
- The Hintonburg Elf. Decluttering and space calming serives. "Reduce noise to encourage flow."
- Just Right Self Storage Storage space with your own access. 255 City Centre Ave,
- Read Pen Inc. Providing technical writing and editing services since 2002. Quality assured.
- Mann Partners LLP. Broad range of legal services. 710-1600 Scott Street, 613.722.1500.
- Hydroflame Heating Co. Offering boiler, AC, radiator, floor heating, fireplace, pool heating and natural gas services. 613.218.9325.
- Hintonburg Dental Hygiene & Teeth Whitening. Affordable dental hygiene care in a friendly and relaxed environment. Great for everyone especially those with no benefits. 1049 Somerset Street West, 613.422.9404
- Infonium Inc Business-centric application of technology
- Lixar IT Inc Web development, design, content management systems
- SUM Inc, with over 10 years of web site development experience, provides marketing and communications services as well as website administration solutions.