||In the heart of Ottawa, Canada, you'll discover a beautiful, historic and creative neighbourhood that has been ranked as one of the best anywhere. Highlighted by The Boston Globe as being a very cool 'hood to visit. Named a top-ten neighbourhood nationwide by enRoute magazine. Ottawa Magazine says Hintonburg is "hot & cool". The Financial Times of London noted that the 'Burg is "thriving again" and the Ottawa Citizen, declared "The changing nature of the neighbourhood is fascinating to watch... There is a hip, urban edge." So come explore the living or arts or business opportunities in Hintonburg -- you're sure to get a warm welcome.
- The sewer lining work that was halted this past winter remains on hold. City staff will provide response as to why issues occurred will be presented next week at the City of Ottawa Environment Committee.
- Parkdale 417 Ramp work will be conducted this summer. To learn more about the project and the ramp closures visit here.
- The HCA and Dalhousie CA met with City staff to discuss the multi-use pathways during the LRT bus detour. See our Q&A here.
- The updated Bus detour designs and the health and safety reports from the June 16th Public Meeting are available online here. There are USB keys with this information at the HCC for residents to download as well.
- The City has confirmed that they are planning to reduce the volume of buses on Scott/Albert detour through use of the Sir John A. Parkway for Out of Service buses and stopping some express buses at Lyon from continuing west. This is dependent on the NCC allowing the City to use the Parkway. The reduction of total bus trips can be approximated at about 10%.
- The Safety Audit for the Scott-Albert Bus Detour has been provided by the City. The documents can be downloaded read here. The Safety Audit that is community led should be released in the coming weeks.
- LRT bus detour HCA action timeline provided here.
- The HCA has sent a response regarding the options presented for the Gladstone CDP and can be read here.
| Hintonburg Development Watch
- what's proposed for the neighbourhood?
-where are the proposals in the planning stages?
- action alerts
Coming up in Hintonburg
Sunday, July 12th, 2015 | 9am - 5k starts, 915am - Kids 1K starts | Parkdale Market
One of the best races in the city is back for another fun year! Details and registration here.
Thank you to the HCA's community partners:
Search this site using Google
This is the official site of the Hintonburg Community Association.
Send us an email
, leave us a message at 613-798-7987 or write to us at 1064 Wellington, Ottawa, Canada K1Y 2Y3
Visit the Attika site at Attika Condos Ottawa
Our arts-friendly, historic neighbourhood is bordered Scott Street on the north, the O-Train line to the east,
the Queensway on the south (Highway 417) and Holland Avenue to the west.